Columbia County Chamber membership benefits both individuals and organizations. From advocacy programs for small businesses, to seminars and workshops for individuals, to member-to-member discount programs, your membership provides support for you and your enterprise in a variety of ways. Here are a few:
Advocating for small business
The Chamber provides advocacy and support for small businesses across Columbia County. We participate in town planning and zoning meetings, write letters of support on behalf of our members, and reach out to multiple media outlets to promote business growth in the county.
Opportunities for participation and networking
You’ll find many interesting and valuable opportunities to participate in meaningful programs and services. Your participation helps connect you with other members and enjoy mutually beneficial networking exposures. Members can take part in programs such as:
The Chamber offers members the chance to connect with member businesses throughout the entire county through both social and informational meetings and gatherings.
Business Promotional Support
- OPEN magazine is a comprehensive community guide, published annually by the Chamber of Commerce. Over 3,000 copies are distributed to more than 500 member businesses and local visitors throughout Columbia County including the Hudson Amtrak Train Station and the tourism center located in the Chamber offices at 1 Front Street in Hudson. All Chamber members are included in this directory of Columbia County businesses.
- Digital magazine offers in-depth information about the Chamber, new members, programs and services, sponsored events, and much more. The Chamber’s digital magazine is published three times a year and is sent out via email to our mailing list of over 1,300 businesses and is also accessible through our website.
- Web listing on the Chamber website. All members are listed on our comprehensive business directory, which serves as an informational resource for both businesses and individuals searching for service providers and businesses such as yours.
- Rack Card and Visitor Information displays. Members are able to have promotional rack cards and visitor information placed in our office (which also functions as a visitor center).
- Ribbon cuttings. Ribbon-cutting ceremonies for new businesses or those that have recently expanded or relocated are tremendous opportunities for public recognition. The Chamber is happy to provide a group photo of the ribbon cutting and publication of the event on the Chamber website, social media outlets, and in the Register-Star newspaper and the Chamber’s digital magazine.
- Calendar Event and Job Posting. The Chamber offers members the ability to directly add events and job postings to the Chamber’s website calendar and to have them posted throughout our extensive social media network.
Special Benefits for New Members
- iHeartMedia will provide 15 free introductory commercials on each of their radio stations: 98.5 The Cat, Oldies 93.5 FM, Country WRWD 106.9 FM, and 1230 AM for all new members. Total 45 spots
- Two FREE quarter-page ads in the Register-Star and Chatham Courier
- FREE “Open for Business” article feature in The Columbia Paper
- $100 Off from Mid-Hudson Cable Advertising
- A FREE bump-up in size of your ad from Capital Region Living
- FREE consultation with a Media Specialist from Chronogram Media
- 40, 30-second spots for FREE from WGXC, to run over a four-week period
- Listing on Chamber website with description and link to your website, Facebook, and Instagram business pages
- Your new member announcement on the Chamber homepage, Facebook, e-newsletter, and digital magazine
- Listing in annual Community Guide and Business Directory (“OPEN”)
- $100 off CEDC Membership: For more information call CEDC at 518-828-4718
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Group rate programs offered for dental and vision insurance. We also offer CDPHP, MVP, and BlueShield of Northeastern NY health plans through the Chamber’s private insurance exchange for businesses with 1-50 employees. For more information, contact the Chamber’s Insurance Administrator, Erin Nevins, EP Nevins Insurance Agency, at 518-464-0400 or visit www.epnevins.com.
Chamber seminars and workshops
The Chamber offers a variety of free and/or discounted, single-event business workshops and seminars.
Required NYS Harassment Prevention Training
The Chamber has partnered with New Haven Consulting Group to provide low-cost online training to our member businesses. To sign up, please visit https://form.jotform.com/223483660298161. Be sure to select “Columbia” as your Chamber to qualify for the discounted rate of $25 per attendee.
Member-to-member discount programs
Membership in the Chamber means you and your employees can take advantage of discounts as participating Chamber businesses.
Join the Chamber
Register online to become a member of the Columbia County Chamber of Commerce.
Click below to renew an existing membership to the Columbia County Chamber of Commerce.