Opportunity to work at the Columbia County Chamber!
- Position of Membership Director will be open in the fall of 2021. Please click bold title above for full job description.
Columbia County Chamber of Commerce
General Job Description: The Membership Director is a primary contact for current and potential Chamber members. The Membership Director provides information about how Chamber Member benefits can positively impact the bottom line of local business.
General Areas of Responsibility: New Membership Sales, Member Retention, Database Maintenance and Benefit Management.
Details, including additional Responsibilities:
- Prospecting via telephone calls, emails, facebook messages & in-person visits to prospects
- Maintain sales information and assemble information for prospects
- Enter and maintain member information in ChamberMaster, the Chamber’s member management system, which also populates the Chamber website.
- Create monthly new member welcome letter and packets
- Work with Membership Committee on member recruitment and retention.
- Cultivate the Member to Member discount program
- Maintain a database of Prospects
- Plan “Coffee & Connections”, which serves as a new member orientation & open forum for questions from existing members
- Develop and maintain a retention program that keeps member companies involved in the Chamber
- Engage Membership Committee and Chamber Board members to assist in retention efforts
- Prepare monthly billing invoices, which includes accompanying letters for “first billing” with subsequent letters and communication.
- Connect with delinquent members for collection purposes
- Coordinate & promote Ribbon Cuttings to Board and Membership Committee members as well as individual Supervisors/Mayors for the specific towns where the ceremonies are taking place
- Facilitate the ribbon cutting ceremony, including staging the photos
- Write appropriate caption and submit along with photo to the newspaper, and Chamber use.
- Send out yearly (March) eblast to all members, inviting them to update their records in our member management system
- Update member information as needed
- Maintain Prospect database
- Serve as the primary contact for member benefit programs including Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Ongoing search and collaborator for new member benefits.
- Send out yearly (January) eblast to all members, encouraging them to set up their login/password, in order to post Job Openings and make changes to their account info. Or, provide a link and guide them to do this as needed throughout the year.
Events – Has a role in all aspects of events, including:
Annual Directory/Digital Magazine/e-Newsletters & Facebook posts:
- Responsible for updating and accuracy of Buyers Guide & Membership Directory
- Contact person with Publisher for above sections in the Annual Directory and Digital Magazines.
- Assists with choosing photos for Directory & creating the cover
- Provides new member information and Ribbon Cutting photos and details for e-newsletters, Facebook posts and digital magazines
Assists in Office/Visitor’s Center with
- Walk-ins & visitors seeking tourist related information
- Phone calls
- Maintenance of office
- Scheduling and physical set-up of Conference room
- Provides Office Manager with lists and information on new members and past Ribbon Cuttings for monthly e-newsletter and quarterly Business News publication
- Creative support for promotion of events and seminars
- Keeping Visitor Center and Amtrak Station stocked
The Membership Director must be a creative & diverse team member. This person will attend all Chamber events, Board and Executive Meetings, serve as the staff liaison for the Membership Committee (preparing meeting agendas and overseeing the meeting), provides membership reports as required by the President, and any other as needed functions. The person in this position also covers for the Program Manager, as needed. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel is desirable.
This is a fulltime salaried position.
Please submit resume to Amy Kneller at email@example.com