Sexual/Anti-harassment Training Course for Individual Employees – Wednesday May 29, 2019
Sexual/Anti-harassment Training Course for Individual Employees –
Wednesday May 29, 2019, 8:15am check-in, 8:30 start 30-45 minute training
Presented by Hudson Valley Resource Group (HVRG)
Per NYS, sexual/anti-harassment training must be completed annually by every employee, regardless whether they are exempt or non-exempt, full-time, part-time, seasonal, per diem or occasional.
HVRG’s training course is designed to comply with the interactive employee training aspect of NYS’s Sexual/Anti-harassment Law to help employees further their knowledge on this topic and recognize situations that may involve harassment in their workplace.
Topics will include:
• an explanation of sexual harassment consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Labor in consultation with the Division of Human Rights
• examples of conduct that would constitute unlawful sexual harassment
• information concerning the federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
• information concerning employees’ rights of redress and all available forums for adjudicating complaints
• information addressing conduct by supervisors and any additional responsibilities for such supervisors
Each employee in attendance will receive a signed acknowledgment form confirming they completed this training. Please note, late arrivals will not receive an acknowledgment form.
Training held: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 – 8:15am check-in, 8:30am training
Where: Columbia County Chamber of Commerce, 1 North Front St, Hudson, NY 12534
Fee: $25 per employee payable to Columbia County Chamber
Reservations required: contact the Chamber at 518-828-4417 or email email@example.com to make a reservation
**This course is intended to assist employers in meeting the minimum threshold for required employee training, but does not relieve or discourage employers from more frequent or detailed employee and supervisor education regarding their company-specific sexual/anti-harassment policy as it relates to NYS Sexual/Anti-harassment Law obligations. Should you need assistance managing obligations under this law, please call Teresa at HVRG at 518-751-3013.