Advocating For Business
• Support and advocacy for Chamber Member businesses across
• Participation at local town planning and zoning meetings
• Writing letters of support
• Media Outreach to promote business growth in Columbia County
Make a difference and make connections when you participate in the
Chamber’s many opportunities.
• Leadership Columbia County Program
• Board of Directors
• Chamber Committees
• Economic Development • Arts & Tourism
& Government Affairs • Perform Columbia
• Membership • Business Education
• Agricultural Business • Special Events
New businesses or businesses that have recently expanded
or relocated receive a package including a quarter-page ad in the Register-Star
and The Chatham Courier, ribbon cutting photo in the Register-Star, discounted
advertising from Midhudsonmedia and one free month on CC Scoop’s website.
NEW MEMBERS RECEIVE
• Clear Channel Radio of The Hudson Valley will provide15 introductory
commercials on each of their 3 stations: 98.5 The Cat, Cruisin’ 93.5 FM
and WHUC 1230 AM, for all new members. Total of 45 free spots.
• Free 2×4 ad in The Columbia Paper, a $104 value
• WDST, 100.1 Radio Woodstock and 106.5 Beacon, offer fifteen 30-second
commercials for free
• Half-price business ad from Midhudsonmedia on Cable Access Channel 11:
Regular price is $325; Chamber members pay $150, including free design
service valued at $25.
• Discounted advertising from The Columbia Insider: first ad, any size at half price.
• Listing on the Chamber’s web page, with a business description and free link
to your website
• Listing in the Chamber Newsletter
• Listing in annual Membership Directory
Cost Saving Benefits
ENERGY ALLIANCE PROGRAM Participate in the Alliance and benefit
from the purchasing power of a large group to cut your electricity and natural
gas costs. You are likely to save at least your entire membership investment by
enrolling in this program. It is a free benefit to businesses large and small.
GROUP HEALTH AND DENTAL INSURANCE Receive benefits at a group
discounted rate. We currently offer Blue Shield of Northeastern New York,
Capital District Physician’s Health Plan (CDPHP), MVP Health Plan, and Guardian
Dental. For more information contact the Chamber’s Insurance Administrator, Erin
Nevins, EP Nevins Insurance Agency, at (518) 464-0400 or visit www.epnevins.com.
MEMBER-TO-MEMBER DISCOUNT PROGRAM Take advantage of
discounts at participating Chamber member businesses. You don’t have to
give a discount to get a discount — you just need to be a Chamber member or
an employee of one.
Join the Chamber
Register online to become a member of the Columbia County Chamber of Commerce.